Saturday, June 28, 2008

Roq La Rue is Ten!!


image by Femke Hiemstra

Way back in 1998 I opened Roq La Rue. I can't believe it's been ten years. It seems both like yesterday that I opened and then at the same time is seems like forever ago. Back in the "olden days" I think there were like 5 galleries that regularly showed work like this- not there are zillions. It's quite amazing. Back then I knew the Lowbrow genre was special- but I don't think any one thought for sure it'd be the juggernaught it is today.
I'm having a special anniversary show to celebrate- then I'm closed for a month to do some gallery remodeling and have a freakin' vacation!

Roq la Rue's Tenth Anniversary Show
Featuring: Mark Ryden, Marion Peck, Femke Hiemstra, Brian Despain, Travis Louie, Scott Musgrove, Lisa Petrucci, Shag, Liz McGrath, Andrew Hem, Glenn Barr, John Brophy, Viktor Safonkin, Anthony Pontius, Tin, Kay Tuttle, Ronald Kurniawan, Chris Crites, Johnny Bergeron, Mia Araujo, Mike Leavitt, Gabe Marquez...