Saturday, June 21, 2008

Hating the Game, and Maybe the Playa Too

Jamie over at Supertouch blog has a very, very interesting blog about an huge "art show" happening in LA. The gist being that the "artist" followed the careers of mega hype magnets such as Banksy and then decided to be an artist himself. Is it parody or is it not very good art? Is the art world so screwed that this guy REALLY just made half a mil? I have to say mostly I was impressed with what Jamie wrote, I have a soft spot for anyone who calls bullshit on stuff, especially the amorphous world of art economics.
Check it out and feel free to let me know what you think!


From the show. By the way- the other thing I hate as much as car commercials are "Pop Art Marilyns". I hate them so much I almost get a headache just thinking about it. Not even Leonard Nimoy can save it.