Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Robert Burden



This week has been getting ready for Robert Burden's show this Friday. His paintings are huuuuuge and he drove them up in a Uhaul from San Francisco. Today we got most of them up and the effect is astonishing. Damion from BLVD is going to help me make a little panoramic video I can post, because seeing these paintings in jpeg form vs seeing their effect large scale is a whole other thing. The show truly looks amazing in the real sense of the word!

I've also been feeling a little bit burnt out, so I've been laying low. Sometimes the whole art thing gets a little overwhelming (mainly because I'm involved in it so much and there's SO much of it). I'm constantly trying to stay on top of things, as well as trying to get people excited about my new shows and new artists every month (and have been for almost a decade) that sometimes I just have to stop reading art mags and blogs and looking at shows for a little bit. It's kind of like sniffing coffee beans after smelling too much perfume I guess.